Out of an Abundance of the Heart the Mouth Speaks

I know I am not the only one who says things that I dont really mean. It happens all the time, especially in an argument or heated discussion. We say something mean and nasty and then immediately afterward we say "I didnt mean that". Right? You know you have said this! If you dont think you have then you are just lying to yourself. God has put this on my heart today so lets explore.
I like to think that I am a nice person, that I put others needs and feelings ahead of my own. But when I say something I dont really mean, I am doing the exact opposite. As a child of the king it is even more essential that I watch my mouth. After all if a person can control his tongue he/she can truly have self control. This is the hardest area of self control to master and possibly the most important. This is how we can keep the enemy at bay. Satan wants us to say these nasty things and when we give in we are not glorifying God, we are glorifying Satan. It is a way for him to come into our lives and mess things up. It is like an open invitation for the enemy to come in and have a free pass.
This also applies to yelling, grumbling, fault finding, complaining, gossiping, judging and criticizing. Our words have the power to heal or wound, build or destroy. The mouth was designed for one purpose and one purpose only, to glorify God. What will you do with your power today?

No comments:

Post a Comment