Countenance

 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.~ Proverbs 27:17, NLT 

Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend [to show rage or worthy purpose]. ~ Amplified version Proverbs 27:17

Countenance= the way we look, the look on our face, expressions.  Do you sharpen the countenance of your friends? Does your own Countenance carry Gods presence?

Our countenance is simply the way we look. It refers to our face and our expressions. This is a new word to me, I studied about it in my morning devotion one day and its been on my mind and heart ever since. I suppose that is the way we are supposed to grow; to read about, study and think about something God wants to work on in us until it changes us in a certain way for the better, to make us more like the Father.  So God wants us to carry his presence on our faces all the time!  Do you have any idea how difficult this it? I have been focusing on my countenance for a couple weeks  now and I have become very aware that I do not carry Gods Countenance!  I suppose becoming aware is the first step, right?  Looking back at Proverbs 27:17, I conclude that I must first sharpen my own countenance before I can sharpen the countenance of my friends.  OK God, lets sharpen my Countenance to carry Your presence!

2 comments:

  1. Amber, I think you carry God's countenance more than you realize. I so enjoy your posts of praise and encouragement on here as well as facebook. Your growth is evident daily!! I mine were as evident. Your countenance actually challenges me with my own. THAT IS A GOOD THING! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE Emily you are so sweet :) thank you for being you! I love you ♥

    ReplyDelete